It takes a huge amount of courage to decide to leave your comfort zone. Although the violence was threating us big time, we have to admit we had a comfortable and stable life in Brazil. We had our own house close to the beach, car, jobs, credit records, and one of the biggest issues of the 3rd world countries: a "housekeeper". Once I read that in the countries where you have to clean your own toilet, you can walk freely in the streets. It wasn't out case, right?
Also, another great disadvantage of leaving your country: your family and friends are left behind. Did I want my kids to be apart from their grandparents? Did I want them to be far from their friends and culture? No. But we had no choice. It was either staying in Rio and becoming the next victim, or leaving it and being free.



Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário